Conisbrough & Denaby Main
Heritage Group

A brief History of Nat West Bank, Conisbrough.

The Nat West Bank in Conisbrough first opened its doors in 1909 and was known as The Sheffield Banking Co.

In 1919 the bank was amalgamated with The National Provincial and Union Bank of England Ltd, many of us remember it as the National Provincial Bank.

In 1968 the National Provincial Bank Ltd merged with the Westminster Bank Ltd, becoming The National Westminster Bank Ltd, thankfully being shortened to NatWest. This bank was closed down in 2010s.