Conisbrough & Denaby Main
Heritage Group

Conisbrough Cricket Club was originally on Pigotts Recreation Ground, a large playing field South of the Red Lion, donated by Godfrey Walker.  Some time later the Cricket Club moved to land off Park Road and St Peters Road where it is now.

Denaby and Cadeby Cricket Club was next door to the cemetary off Tickhill Square.

  1. Managing Director
  2. Managing Director
  3. Managing Director


Newspaper Cuttings
  
7th May 1859 Cricket Club
On Tuesday evening last the member of Conisbro Cricket Club held their first meeting for the present season, Rev. J Lodge in the Chair, to take steps to put the ground allotted by the Enclosure Commissioners into proper order, for which purpose the sum of £50 has been liberally subscribed by the Commissioners.  The meeting which embraced 83 of the members of the different clubs was unanimous in agreeing to the ground being put in good order and rendering it fit for first class cricket players.
 
 
3rd July 1899
The second annual sports in connection with Conisbro Cricket Club took place on Saturday on St Peters Football Ground.  About £40 was offered in prizes, the entries being in excess of last year.  Although the weather was not too promising there was a fair crowd present, the gate about £6 better than last year.
120 yard members race: W W Norwood, 18 first.  W Appleyard, 19 second.  J A Bateson, 12 third.  Won by a yard with one foot between second and third. Time 13.25 seconds.